MedTech’s comprehensive compliance program offers assurance that all efforts are being made to provide for accurate CPT and ICD code selection, billing guidelines, and of course the Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. We feel there are (3) key components that encompass our compliance program employee education, client documentation education and evaluation, and continuous auditing (all of equal importance).
- MedTech has incorporated our in-house ICD-10 and CPT coding instruction with curriculum provided by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Professional Medical Coding Curriculum is taught by an AAPC licensed instructor on a continuous basis in order for all coders to obtain their certification.
- All denials and reimbursement discrepancies are reviewed and appealed by the Certified Coding Department Managers. Explanation of Benefits are also reviewed for reimbursement trend analysis.
- Education seminars are attended on a continuous basis. In-service seminars are also conducted on a regular basis to ensure compliance within MedTech.
- Our resources include the AMA, ACEP, MGMA, Decision Health, ASTRO, RBMA, ACR and AAPC to name a few.
- Risk minimization and compliance with all federal and third-party regulations is assured by utilizing an effective compliance plan, continued education, and training.
- As part of our continuing education process and compliance, MedTech’s coding managers perform routine audits of our coding personnel. All coders undergo an audit of at least 100 charts per month prior to data entry and are expected to maintain 98-100% accuracy at all times.
- All aspects of the billing functions are audited on a weekly and monthly basis by the Quality Assurance Director and MedTech’s Compliance Committee. 95-100% accuracy must be maintained. This auditing process maintains continuity and compliance with MedTech’s quality coding and billing procedures.